Although there probably some truth to this, other sources claim that the wise men from the Far East were actually being more practical by giving the baby Jesus these precious, costly essential oils that could double up as potential medical remedies.
Frankincense BenefitsFor over 5,000 years frankincense has been used to support the immune system, fight infection and cure disease. Today the most common benefits of Frankincense include:
- Reduces Inflammation
- Destroys Cancer
- Spiritual Awareness
- Boosts Immunity
- Fights Infections
- Improves Anxiety
- Heals skin and reduces acne and scarring
According to the announcement that went after being issued, “University of Leicester researchers discover cancer-killing properties of frankincense in ovarian cancer.” Using the compound AKBA (acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid), the Omani government-funded research has for the first time shown frankincense’s ability to target cancer cells in late-stage ovarian cancer patients.
Lead researcher Kamla Al-Salmani explained: “After a year of studying the AKBA compound with ovarian cancer cell, we have been able to show it is effective at killing the cancer cells.
Frankincense is taken by many people with no known side effects. This finding has enormous potential to be taken to a clinical trial in the future and developed into an additional treatment for ovarian cancer.”
Cancer Killing Power Of FrankincenseUsed because of its anti-inflammatory properties, Frankincense also known as boswellia serrata has been a favorite as a folk medicine for several health concerns including asthma, gastroenteritis, and skin conditions.
New research, like the study that came out of the University of Leicester, has recently suggested that frankincense’s disease reversing power may be even more encompassing than previously suspected.
Successfully linking AKBA as a potential treatment for brain, breast, colon, pancreatic, prostate, and stomach cancers, research trials are filling medical journals like Carcinogenesis and PLoS One about Boswellia serrata’s cancer fighting prowess.
According to researchers out of Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, the frankincense cancer killing effects are due in part to it regulating cellular epigenetic machinery, which highlights its ability to influence genes to promote healing.
Baylor cancer scientists emphasize that this potency makes Boswellia viable candidate for both cancer prevention and treatment!
Frankincense Oil Cancer Natural TreatmentPeople who have added Boswellia serrata into their natural health cancer care plan may find themselves experiencing double-benefits from this miracle essential oil.
For many cancer patients, there’s a time when the treatment becomes worse than the cancer itself. It is as this point that quality of life and symptom suppression is the focal point for many diagnosed with this deadly disease. Debilitating in-and-of itself, these cancer treatment side effect can make having cancer absolutely miserable.
Take, for instance, brain cancer patients who experience cerebral edema (swelling in the head) after having their tumors irradiated. Typically, these people are treated with dexamethasone and other corticosteroids to control the swelling, but this is done at a great cost because the deadly complications of steroids are limitless.
Unfortunately, these people suffer toxic overload from the drugs that are supposed to help them in the first place and get headaches, migraines, and may even deal with blurred vision because of the steroid treatments.
Thankfully, frankincense offers a natural, viable solution to this horrible issue. Back in 2011, the journal Cancer published the results of a 44 person clinical trial evaluating how brain swelling was effected by frankincense.
Astoundingly, 60% of the patients displayed 75% reduction or greater in cerebral swelling after being treated with 4200 mg/day of frankincense! These results are so significant that scientists are urging the medical community to consider prescribing this potent essential oil instead of steroids for cancer patients assigned to radiation treatment.
We hope this spreads like wildfire within cancer treatment circles. Who knows what could happen if more people utilized this frankincense cancer treatment approach. As we’ve seen above, if Boswellia serrata can kill cancer cells and prevent tumors from growing, the sky’s the limit for folks who follow natural health guidelines.
If you want to learn more about alternative cancer treatments check out this article on the Top 10 Natural Cancer Treatments and Forbidden Cures.
Frankincense Benefits Immune FunctionA growing body of research has recently unlocked the doors to our understanding of why frankincense is so beneficial to our health. In a study published by Phytotherapy Research, for instance, when mice took 1-10 mg of Boswellia serrata orally it was discovered that multiple levels of their immune systems were stimulated including:
- Delayed hypersensitivity reaction (early 24 hours, delayed 48 hours)
- Cytokines (interferon gamma, interleukin-4, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha)
- T-cell interactions (i.e. CD4/CD8, which are generally low in AIDS patients)
This may also explain why frankincense is so effective in treating autoimmune conditions like bronchial asthma, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and ulcerative colitis.
Implement frankincense into your natural health regimen today. This essential oil can be used in diffusers with ease to treat respiratory conditions or you can put it as an essential or salve directly on your skin.
And finally, you can also take frankincense (boswellia) as a supplement with a few essential oil drops placed under your tongue, on the roof of your mouth or in powdered capsule form for treatment of many health conditions.
If you want to learn more about the incredible health benefits of essential oils, check out this free Dr. Axe’s Guide to Essential Oils.
Have you used Frankincense Oil? Why do you think this information is being kept from the public?
Get FREE eBook!Makeover your medicine cabinet and personal care products with essential oils.
- DIY Recipes
- Natural Remedies
- Balance Hormones
- Look Younger
Sources & References:
- Ammon HP. Boswellic acids in chronic inflammatory diseases. Planta Med 2006; 72(12): 1100-16.
- Bible History Daily. Why Did the Magi Bring Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh? Available at: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/why-did-the-magi-bring-gold-frankincense-and-myrrh/.
- Khajuria A, et al. Immunomodulatory activity of biopolymeric fraction BOS 2000 from Boswellia serrata. Phytother Res 2008; 22(3): 340-8.
- Kirste S, et al. Boswellia serrata acts on cerebral edema in patients irradiated for brain tumors: a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind pilot trial. Cancer 2011; 117(16): 3788-95.
- Park B, et al. Boswellic acid suppresses growth and metastasis of human pancreatic tumors in an orthotopic nude mouse model through modulation of multiple targets. PLoS One. 2011; 6(10): e26943 [epub].
- Suhail MM, et al. Boswellia sacra essential oil induces tumor cell-specific apoptosis and suppresses tumor aggressiveness in cultured human breast cancer cells. BMC Complement Altern Med 2011; 11: 129.
- Takahashi M, et al. Boswellic acid exerts antitumor effects in colorectal cancer cells by modulating expression of the let-7 and miR-200 microRNA family. Carcinogenesis 2012; 33(12): 2441-9.
- University of Leicester. Christmas gift brings treatment hope for cancer patients. Available at: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/press/press-releases/2013/december/christmas-gift-brings-treatment-hope-for-cancer-patients.
- Yuan Y, et al. Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA) prevents human colonic adenocarcinoma growth through modulation of multiple signaling pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta 2013; 1830(10): 4907-16.
- Zhang YS, et al. Acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid (AKBA) inhibits human gastric carcinoma growth through modulation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta 2013; 1830(6): 3604-15.