The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, the polyphenol identified as its primary active component and which exhibits 600 potential health benefits of turmeric, which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.Additional benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic,analgesic,.
- Boosts immunity.
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels.
- Promotes digestive health.
- Liver detoxifier.
- Regulates metabolism and weight management.
- High blood pressure.
- Memory and brain function.
- Various skin conditions.
- Neurological disorders.
- Lowers Triglycerides
Golden MilkStep 1: Turmeric Paste:
Mix all ingredients in a small a small sauce pan and mix well. Turn the heat to medium high and stir constantly until the mixture is a thick paste. This does not take long so don’t walk away from the pan.
Let this mixture cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge.
- 1 cup of almond milk (hemp or coconut are also good options)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more of turmeric paste
Combine all the ingredients, except honey in a saucepan. Turn the heat to medium. While heating make sure to stir constantly and do not allow the mixture to boil. Add honey to taste.