1. Drink water: It is no secret your body needs plenty of water. Do you know why, though? Most of your organs need water in one way or another, but your kidneys are specifically begging you to drink plenty. Not drinking enough can cause urinary tract infections and kidney stones. In cases of severe dehydration, kidney failure can occur. Complications of kidney failure include anemia, nervous system damage, heart failure & difficulties with your immune system.In short, drinking enough water every day is the most effective way to cleanse your kidneys regularly and keep them healthy.
If you are having issues with your kidneys and are trying to amp up the impact of your water consumption, try adding lemon juice to your water. Lemon juice is naturally acidic and increases citrate levels in your urine, which can keep kidney stones away.
2. Tumeric tea: Peel a ginger root, add a small amount of turmeric powder and boil the concoction. Turmeric has antimicrobial properties and is also an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Ginger has many medicinal benefits and has been known to relieve nausea. Combined in this turmeric tea, these two ingredients can help flush the kidneys and can also help with digestion if consumed after meals.
3. Cranberries: Cranberries are widely recognized as doing wondrous things for your urinary tract, as they can help fight infections in that region. In addition, drinking cranberry juice can also help cleanse the kidneys of extra calcium, helping to prevent kidney stones.
4. Beet juice: Like cranberry juice, beet juice can also help promote kidney function. By making your urine more acidic, beet juice clears the buildup in the kidneys that can lead to the development of kidney stones.
5. Choose your food wisely: Eating foods with high water content—mostly fruits and vegetables—can help maintain kidney health. Cucumbers, sprouts, and garlic, for example, are natural diuretics. Grapes and apples are also excellent choices for kidney cleansing. Eating the leafy, dark leaves of kale will give you a hearty dose of calcium to help prevent kidney stones.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into your water multiple times daily if you’re embarking on a full-fledged natural kidney cleanse. Apple cider vinegar has eliminative properties and can help reduce inflammation in your kidneys. This is key if you are looking to “flush” your system.
7. For improved kidney function, always note that you should choose apple cider vinegar over white vinegar. Although both are highly acidic, apple cider vinegar has been proven to be a versatile natural cleanser and is used to treat multiple health issues, from diabetes to high blood pressure. It has detoxifying qualities not found in the white variety of vinegar.
Global Healing Center, The Importance of a Kidney Cleansing Diet. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/importance-kidney-cleansing-diet/
Medical News Today, Satisfying thirst and the kidneys: the importance of drinking water. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/290814.php