Ben Netanyahu gave an interview & was asked about Israel's occupation of Arab lands--his reply: "It's our land."
The reporter (think it was CNN) was stunned -- read below "it's our land..."
The following material was written by an American Christian prof.
It's important to know since we don't get fair, accurate reporting from the media/facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily events. Crash Course on the Arab Israeli Conflict-here is some overlooked facts in the current Mid E. situation. These were compiled by a Christian U. Professor. HERE'S THE BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY....
Takes 1 minute to read! It makes sense/not slanted. Jew or not--it doesn't matter. Thank You.
1. Nationhood & Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., 2,000 years before Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967,
20 years after Israel’s establishment.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E., Jews have had dominion over the land for 1,000 years with a continuous presence for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. It never was capital of any Arab or Muslim entity.
Even when Jordan occupied it they never made it their capital/Arab leaders didn’t come to visit.
6. Jerusalem’s mentioned over 700X in Tanach:, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Yet not 1X in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never went there.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward it.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. 68% left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution & pogroms.
11. About 630,000 Arab refugees left Israel in 1948. The # of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is about the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since WW 2, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that’s never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a nation the size of NJ.
13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight nations, excluding Palestinians.
There is only one Jewish nation. Arabs initiated/lost all five wars. Israel defended itself/won each time.
14. The P.L.O.'s Charter still calls for Israel’s destruction. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the W. Bank autonomy under Palestinian Authority, & has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated/Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim & Christian sites have been preserved & are accessible to all.
16. The U.N. Record on Israel & the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before-1990, 97 were anti Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were against Israel. 18. The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by Jordanians.
19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Waiking Wall. These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be. What will we tell our grandchildren we did when there was a turning point in Jewish destiny, an opportunity to make a difference?
START NOW!! Send this to 20 other people you know and ask them to send it to twenty others, Jew & non-Jew- -it doesn't really matter.