Friday, May 15, 2009

Santa & Me

Santa & Me

Hey, Happy holidays!

I hope Santa was good to you.

You wouldn’t believe what happened to me last year: I decided since I’m not a religious, Jew I’d see what all the hoopla over Christmas is all about. So I stayed up on Christmas Eve waiting for him. I made (well bought, but hey it’s the thought that counts) Kosher cookies.

I heard the sleigh bells ringing. Fyi: they’re loud. Then he rode by yelling, “Ho! Ho! Ho!” (What a set of lungs on that guy. I bet he never smoked and wouldn’t be surprised if he sang opera during off season).

I shouted Ho! Ho! Ho! When he looked I waved to him & motioned to come in while pointing -to the cookies & cocoa.

He was coming in when I saw something catch his eye & he looked up. He paused a moment, obviously thinking, then turned to me, wagged his finger & said, “Ho! Ho! Ho! I don’t think so.” Then took off like a bat out of hell.

I grabbed my coat & went after him. I chased him for a few blocks. He’s fast! (By the way Rudy’s nose really does glow really bright Red. It’s almost blinding if you are up close). He wouldn’t even slow down, much less stop.

I must have chased him a few blocks. I slipped & fell on the ice...twice. I called for help. He just kept going. I got up & ran after him again. I couldn’t keep up. So I went –home, disappointed.

Still puzzled I was trying to figure out what happened. As I arrived home I noticed a light in the window. I looked up as I got close enough to see what it was…the Menorah was still light.

I KNEW I forgot something. I was so mad! I waited all year & hoped he has a bad memory or is forgiving. Being nice to a (K) orphan is commendable, especially during the holidays. They can be so lonely.

The good news is Santa forgot about the Menorah. The bad is so did I. I hope I remember to unplug it next Christmas.

Send this to everyone & end the year with a chuckle.

No comments: