Tuesday, April 24, 2007

fired secretary

Why I fired my secretary

Two weeks ago was my 48th birthday and I wasn't feeling too goodthat morning. I went to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say, "Happy Birthday!", and probably have a present for me. As it turned out, she didn't even say good morning, let alone happy birthday.

I thought, well, that's wives for you, the children will remember. The children came in to breakfast and didn't say a word.

So when I left for the office, I was feeling pretty low and despondent. As I walked into my office, my secretary Janet said, "Good morning, boss, "Happy- Birthday". And I felt a little better that someone remembered. I worked until noon, then Janet knocked on my door and said: "U know, it's such a beautiful day, and your birthday, let's go to lunch, just us.

"I said, "By George, that's the greatest thing I heard all day. 'Let's go!"
We went to lunch. We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously.

On the way back to the office, she said, "U know, it's such a beautiful day. We don't need to go back to the office, do we?"

I said, "No, I guess not.

"She said, "Let's go to my apt." After arriving, she said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more comfortable".
"Sure!" I excitedly replied. She went into the bedroom and, in a few minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake ----- followed by my wife, children, and dozens of friends, all singing Happy Birthday.

And I just sat there...on the couch.......... naked.

No comments: