Monday, April 23, 2007

Pledge

Since the Pledge of Allegiance & Lord's Prayer aren’t allowed in most public schools because God is mentioned....

A child in Arizona wrote the attached NEW School Prayer. I liked it.... Now I sit me down in school Where praying is- against-the-rule. For this great nation under God Finds mention of Him very odd. If Scripture now the class recites, It violates the Bill of Rights. And anytime my head I bow Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green, That's no offense; it's a freedom scene. The law is specific, the law is precise. Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice. For praying in a public hall Might -offend someone with no faith at all. In silence alone we must meditate, God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss & dress like freaks, And pierce our noses, tongues & cheeks. They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible. To quote the Good Book makes me liable. We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen, And the 'unwed dad,' our Sr. King.

It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong, We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong. We can get our condoms & birth controls, Study witchcraft, vampires & totem poles. But the Ten Commandments are not allowed, No word of God must reach this crowd. It's scary here I must confess, When chaos reigns the school's a mess So, Lord, this silent plea I make: Should I be shot; My soul please- take!

Amen

No comments: